Financing your Studies
What should continuing or returning students do and when?
- You should complete a FAFSA form. Fall students should do this by August 1st. Each time you will be enrolling in a fall trimester you will need a new FAFSA using your tax returns from the previous calendar year. The FAFSA website is http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 003690 or select Marlboro College.
- If you have not previously borrowed a Stafford loan or have borrowed previously with a lender such as a bank or credit union you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education. Log onto www.studentloans.gov to apply. You will need your PIN from the FAFSA to log in.
- If you plan to borrow a federal Staffard and/ or a Grad PLUS loan you are required to complete entrance counseling while logged in at www.studentloans.gov. You do not need to complete entrance counseling again if you have done so previously.
- If you are borrowing a Grad PLUS loan you must also complete the College's processing form (link at the bottom of this page). Grad PLUS loans will not be included in an initial financial aid award package. The financial aid office will work one-on-one with students borrowing Grad PLUS loans.
- You should register online for your courses as soon as the site becomes available. In order to determine how much aid you may be eligible for or to make sure you remain eligible for financial aid we must know how many credits you will be taking. Changing from full-time to half-time, half-time to less-than half-time, etc. could change your aid eligibility (if you move to less-than half-time it could make you ineligible for financial aid).
- You may be required to submit the Verification Worksheet to supplement your financial aid application. You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) after you submit your FAFSA application, which indicates if this requirement applies to you. The Financial Aid Office will notify you as well.
- If you have questions about how to complete the FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid office at (802) 258-9312 - firstname.lastname@example.org or call the U.S. Dept of Ed at 1-800-433-3243.
- If you don't receive your Student Aid Report within 4 weeks, call the Central Processing System (CPS) at 319- 337-5665 to request a duplicate.
- If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid office at (802) 258-9312 - email@example.com
Veterans Benefit Policy
Important information for Direct Loans
Borrowing loans require that you select your lender. The following forms correspond to the types of educational loans in which graduate and/or undergraduate students can apply for.
- Private Loan Self Certification form (pdf)
- Dependent Verification Worksheet (pdf)
- Independent Verification Worksheet (pdf)
- Graduate Alternative or Private Loan Processing Form (pdf)
- Graduate PLUS Processing Form (pdf)
- PLUS Processing Form for BSMIS Students (pdf)
- Alternative or Private Loan Processing Form for BSMIS Students (pdf)