MBA in Managing for Sustainability
Marlboro College is pleased to present Joanna Macy and the Great Turning, Friday May 9th at 7:00pm at the Marlboro College Graduate Center. A discussion with Filmmaker Chris Landry and Marlboro MBA Faculty Bill Baue, William Edelglass and Cary Gaunt will follow. All are welcome.
The Marlboro MBA sees sustainable business as a key mechanism for positive social change in the world. Our MBA in Managing for Sustainability provides you with the knowledge, skills, and connections to combine your passion for sustainability with traditional business expertise. To succeed, business leaders must understand the impact of management practices on their communities, the environment, and profits. Sustainability is incorporated into every course within our curriculum, not just offered as an elective. We believe that sustainability’s multiple bottom line approach is directly connected to an organization’s bottom line success.
Recent employment figures show great career growth potential for MBA in Sustainability graduates. Across a number of sectors, cutting-edge business leaders are integrating sustainability throughout their companies. Large investments are being made in the green economy, and social entrepreneurship is the new normal. An MBA in Sustainability will support you to bring sustainability practices into your current job, or prepare you for a new career.
The Marlboro MBA Difference
- Systems Thinking: This is key to success in our program and in business sustainability. We teach you to solve problems and find solutions by seeing things as entire systems instead of individual parts.
- Personal Leadership Development: Our MBA degree program is more than about just graduating, it is about developing in you the leadership skills necessary for your success. We see successful leaders as being about who they are as much as what they know.
- Sustainability: Within our MBA program, we teach you to think sustainably as well as apply sustainability practices. It is incorporated into every class, not just offered as electives.
- Community Building: We practice what we teach and encourage all MBA students and faculty to participate in our various out of class activities to build relationships and connections for your future.
- Accessibility: All faculty and staff are personable and eager to help answer any and all questions and help you meet your long term goals through our MBA program.
- Hybrid Model: Recent research shows that blended models of learning, like those used in our MBA program, show greater levels of success for students.
- Personalized Approach: Our personalized approach to our MBA program is multidimensional. It is personalized to meet your personal and professional needs and we are personalized in that you are seen as a unique individual known personally by faculty and staff.
After completing your Capstone, the final project which solves a real world problem, you will be prepared for your next business endeavor with the full range of traditional business skills matched with a deep knowledge of sustainable practices. This will enable you to better move your organization towards environmental, social, and financial responsibility. Our expert faculty of teacher-practitioners will provide you with clear and tangible outcomes in:
- Systems Thinking
- Law & Governance
Designed for professionals like you
The 60 credit Marlboro MBA is taught in a blend of in-person and online sessions, with a focus on small class sizes. The learning community created during these face-to-face sessions continues online, using collaborative learning tools drawn from the Graduate School's experience in delivering low-residency master’s programs to working professionals like yourself. Whether you have 5 years of experience or 15, our program builds on your background and gives you the flexibility to create a learning plan around your busy life.