Educational Technology Endorsement (ETS) #42
The Educational Technology Specialist endorsement (ETS #42) is required for all licensed Vermont teachers who provide direct instruction in educational technology in Vermont public K–12 schools. It is awarded by the State of Vermont Department of Education (DOE) through transcript or peer review. Transcripts can be from multiple schools as long as the courses are approved by the DOE and total 18 credits.
You must be a licsened Vermont teacher to apply for the ETS #42.
We are proud to be the only institution in southern Vermont offering all 6 courses (18 credits). All courses are part of the core offerings of the Masters of Arts (MAT) in Teaching with Technology. You can take all your courses at MCGS, or combine one or more with other qualifying courses at other institutions.
If you are a licensed teacher from nearby states such as NY, MA, ME, NH, or CT, our courses, or others at MCGS, may also qualify for endorsements offered by your state. Check with your professional development coordinator for details.
Educational Technology Specialist Endorsement Courses
Core ETS courses (15 credits)
- Educational Technology. (3 credits, Fall)
- Instructional Design. (3 credits, Winter)
- Facilitating Online Learning (3 credits, Winter)
- Planning For Change. (3 credits, Spring)
- Web Design And Media Production. (3 credits Fall)
Elective ETS courses (1 course needed to get to 18 credits)
- Digital Research Technologies. (3 credits Fall)
- Tech4Educators (3 credits. Special intenstive in early summer)
- Online Collaborative Tools (3 credits, Winter)
- Contact director of graduate admissions, Joe Heslin: 888-258-5665 x209, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply: Continuing Education Program. Apply here
- VT. Department of Education Links
- UVM's Program: University of Vermont's Educational Technology Specialist #42 offerings
- A 30-credit Master of Arts in Teaching with Technology (MAT)
- A 15 credit Certificate in Educational Technology
- Professional development through our Continuing Education Program (CEP)