Marlboro College Graduate School

Accreditation and Compliance


Marlboro College and the Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies Program are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE).

Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NEASC indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one that has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.

Accreditation by NEASC applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.

Marlboro College's profile on the CIHE page is here.

Inquiries regarding the accreditation status should be directed to the associate dean of the graduate school.

For more information, individuals may also contact the commission directly at:

Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
(781) 271-0022


Contact Information for Filing Complaints

The college has several internal grievance and complaint procedures that students are encouraged to make use of. These can be found in the Student Handbook.

If, after exhausting our internal grievance processes, you wish to file a complaint with the college's accreditor (the New England Association of Schools and Colleges), with the Vermont Department of Education, with the Vermont Human Rights Commission, and/or with the Vermont Attorney General's Office, the contact information for each entity is, respectively, as follows:

  • Commission on Institutions of Hiring Education: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, 209 Burlington Rd, Suite 201, Bedford, MA 01730-1433. Phone: (781) 271-0022; Fax: (781) 271-0950. Web:
  • Vermont Department of Education, 120 State Street - Montpelier, VT 05620-2501.  Phone: (802) 828-3135.  Web:
  • Vermont Human Rights Commission, 14-16 Baldwin Street, Montpelier, VT 05633-6301.  Phone: (800) 416-2010, x25; Fax: (802) 828-2481; (877) 294-9200 (TTY).  Web:
  • Vermont Attorney General's Office, 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609-1001.  Phone: (802) 828-3171; (802) 828-3665 (TTY).  Web:

A statement from the Vermont Department of Education about resolution of complaints regarding postsecondary education-related matters is available at:

Students outside Vermont

Students residing outside of Vermont who are taking online or hybrid courses from the Marlboro College Gradaute and Professional Studies Program may also choose to contact their own state if they wish to file a complaint. Here is a list of relevant state agencies. [PDF]



The Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies Program complies with Vermont State statues annotated Title 16, Statue 176, Section 1(c)(1)(C)which states, “Credits earned at the student’s (current) school are transferable only at the discretion of the receiving school.”


  1. Graduate Center Facilities
  2. Partnerships
  3. Accreditation and Compliance
  4. Crime Statistics
  5. Brattleboro
  1. Home
  2. About
  3. Accreditation and Compliance